Tought and rugged meets practical. There’s room for two atop this new-generation Zuma’s seat, and lots of locking storage beneath it. With a $2,999 MSRP, 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 offers 3 colors option: Team Yamaha Blue/White, Raven, and Bright Yellow.
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 offers all new engine, 125cc 4-stroke with 4 valves, a 10:1 compression ratio, ceramic-composite cylinder plating, and electronic fuel injection gives this new-generation Zuma a new level of performance. Compare to its little sibling, Zuma 125 is not only more powerful but also give economical performance of an estimated 88 mpg with a fuel tank that holds 1.6 gallons of gas.
Engine sits in the strong steel frame; fat, aggressive tires; oiled-type air filters; beefy shocks front and rear and off-road style brush deflectors make this scooter at home on unpaved roads while delivering all the attitude you could want for the street.
Fully automatic C.V. Transmission and pushbutton electric starting make the Zuma 125 super-convenient transportation. Both center and side stands, along with a locking cover on the ignition switch, make it convenient to park, too.
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 Features
- Zuma’s new fuel-injected 125cc single cylinder 4-stroke engine pumps out lots of power for its size, using an SOHC 4-valve head with 10:1 compression ratio and ceramic-composite cylinder plating.
- For reliability and easy maintenance, simple wet-sump lubrication is used. The centrifugal oil filter built into the crankshaft means there’s no messy oil filter to replace.
- Forced air cooling system helps keep engine temperatures under control, even while idling at stoplights, for maximum efficiency and longer engine life.
- Fully automatic, V-belt transmission with centrifugal clutch provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation with great off-the-line acceleration.
- Fuel injection provides the optimal fuel mixture for the operating condition, including temperature and altitude, and that means easy cold starts, too. Super-convenient electric starting is standard.
- Oiled-paper type air filter helps trap dirt before it gets to your engine, even when riding on unpaved roads. The V-belt housing has its own off-road-style wet-foam air filter for durability.
- Upswept muffler incorporates exhaust catalyst technology to reduce air pollution and meet emission regulations.
- Hefty steel-tube frame has a step-through design for easy mounting. A two-stage electrodeposition and electrostatic painting process provides a durable, corrosion-resistant finish.
- Telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while slider shrouds help protect the 27mm inner tubes from debris.
- - Swingarm has double rear shocks for riding comfort on the street and unpaved roads, too.
- Fuel tank holds 1.6 gallons for plenty of cruising range. Fuel tank emission system includes a charcoal canister to control gasoline evaporation and reduce air pollution.
- Fat 120/70-12 front and 130/70-12 rear tires have an aggressive looking block pattern for great handling on unpaved roads and on the street. Tires run on lightweight five-spoke die-cast aluminum wheels.
- 220mm hydraulic front disc and rear drum brakes combine for serious stopping power.
- Zuma provides both a centerstand and side stand for parking convenience.
- Two bright halogen headlights light the way—following current sportbike practice, the left side provides the 55W low beam while the right side is the 60W high beam.
- For extra security when parked, the main switch is equipped with a key hole lock cover.
- The underseat storage compartment’s cavernous 5.2-gallon capacity is roomy enough for a full-face helmet.
- Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator/passenger weight.
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 Specifications USA
MSRP* $2,999 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from September 2008
$2,999 (Raven) Available from September 2008
$2,999 (Bright Yellow) Available from September 2008
Type 125cc forced air-cooled 4-stroke single SOHC, 4-valve
Bore x Stroke 52.4 x 57.9 mm
Compression Ratio 10:1
Carburetion Electronic Fuel Injection
Clutch Type Dry centrifugal automatic clutch
Transmission V-belt automatic
Suspension/Front 27mm telescopic forks
Suspension/Rear Dual shock
Brakes/Front 220mm disc
Tires/Front 120/70-12 51L
Tires/Rear 130/70-12 56L
Length 75.2 in
Width 30.1 in
Height 43.8 in
Seat Height 30.7 in
Wheelbase 50.8 in
Fuel Capacity 1.6 gal
Fuel Economy** 88 MPG
Wet Weight N/A
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.