Kawasaki ZZR-600, a middleweight sportbike with an excellent overall balance and dazzling performance. A 599cc, liquid-cooled, inline, four-cylinder engine with dual overhead cams and four valves per cylinder is the core of the ZZR-600. The engine is served by carburetors with feature the Kawasaki Throttle Responsive Ignition Control (K-TRIC), which monitors the throttle position and adjusts the ignition timing for the engine’s four spark-plug mounted ignition coils, maximizing the power at every rpm. Further enhancing the engine is Kawasaki’s Twin Ram Air Induction system, which takes in cool air via its leading-edge air scoop on the fairing front and forces it to the ZZR600’s airbox and then into its four 36mm carburetors. That excellent handling comes from a lightweight aluminum perimeter frame combined with a fully adjustable 46mm cartridge-type front fork and fully adjustable UNI-TRAK® rear suspension. Six-piston calipers gripping dual 300mm semi-floating front disc brakes and a 220mm rear disc brake are for stopping power. Two colors (Candy plasma blue and ebony) are avalable for 2009 Kawasaki ZZR 600.
2009 Kawasaki ZZR600 Features
Four Cylinder DOHC Engine
• Cylinders have liner-less, electroplated aluminum bores for decreased engine weight and improved heat transfer
• Pentroof/semi-hemi design of combustion chamber produces a higher compression ratio for more low-end torque and power throughout the rev range
• Magnesium alternator, sump, cylinder head, clutch, and cam chain covers cut weight
• The automatic fan is on the left side of the curved aluminum radiator to save space
• Includes an LCD temperature gauge
• A liquid-cooled oil cooler helps keep the oil cool
Twin RAM air Induction
• Large ducts for more air pressure, which increases high speed power
• The extended opening increases pressure in the system for excellent volumetric efficiency
Kawasaki Throttle Responsve Ignition Control
• K-TRIC monitors throttle position and engine rpm, and controls ignition advance for the best power, fuel economy and detonation resistance
Transistor Controlled Ignition with Digital Advance
• A 16-bit central processing unit responds more quickly to engine needs
• Never needs adjustment
• The rotor has 12 projections to update the processor often
Spark Plug mounted Ignition Coils
• Ignition coils in the four spark plug caps weight less, consume less space, and provide strong, consistent spark
• To meet emissions requirements and make even more power at the same time, all models have a pre-catalyzer in the mid-pipe
• California models also have a catalyzer in the muffler
Fully Adjustable Catridge Front Fork
• Large, rigid 46mm fork delivers first-rate handling performance on the street
Bottom-Link Uni-Trak Rear Suspension
• Extruded aluminum swingarm is lightweight and rigid
• Linkage ratios offer smooth and linear suspension response
• Upper shock mount is threaded for ride height adjustment
Dual Semi Floating Front Disk Brake
• Six-piston opposed front brake calipers with differential size pistons and aggressive pad material offer excellent feel and bite
• 300mm discs are 5mm thick to stand up to extreme use
Rear Disk Brake
• Rear disk brake has small overall diameter saves weight
• Lightweight, single-piston caliper produces quick, sure stops
Lightweight Aluminium Perimeter Frame
• Short wheelbase and steep head angle produce quick, responsive handling
• Rigid design provides good handling and durability
• Speedometer includes a coolant temperature gauge, odometer, trip meter, and a clock
• Coolant warning light incorporated on tachometer
• Handlebars are easily reached, flat seat supplies long ride comfort and wide mirrors reveal more than just the rider’s elbows
• Fairing and windscreen cut wind and provide great protection from the elements
Autentic Kawasaki Accessories
• Available accessories include tank bra, locks, alarm and bike cover
2009 Kawasaki ZZR600 Specifications
Engine Four-stroke DOHC inline four, 16 valves
Bore x stroke 66.0 x 43.8mm
Compression ratio 12.8:1
Carburetion Mikuni BDSR 36R
Transmission Six speed
Final drive Chain
Frame Aluminum perimeter design
Rake / trail 23.5 degrees / 3.7 in.
Front suspension / wheel travel 46mm Cartridge Front Fork, fully adjustable / 4.7 in.
Rear suspension / wheel travel UNI-TRAK® rear linkage, 20-way compression and rebound damping, ride height adjustment / 5.3 in.
Front tire 120/65ZR17
Rear tire 180/55ZR17
Front brakes 300mm dual hydraulic disc with six-piston calipers
Rear brake Single 220mm disc with single-piston caliper
Overall length 79.9 in.
Overall width 28.7 in.
Overall height 46.3 in.
Seat height 32.3 in.
Ground clearance 5.7 in.
Dry weight 377 lbs.
Wheelbase 55.1 in.
Fuel capacity 4.8 gal.
Color choices Ebony or Candy Plasma Blue
Good Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Warranty 12 Months
* Model not available in California