Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom is sure to turn heads with its stylish front end, An authentic blend of cruising comfort and big bike feel. This is a motorcycle that any rider would be proud to own, whether journeying through the backroads, cruising through town, or parked at the local biker hangout.The crown jewel in Kawasaki’s mid-size cruiser family, this chromed-out machine is more than just good looking. But also has a fuel-injected 903cc engine producing exceptional roll-on acceleration. Ready for anything from local streets to highway speeds, the Vulcan 900 Custom’s good power, excellent stability, easy maneuverability, and startling good looks make this Kawasaki the one to own.
Metallic Midnight Sapphire Blue or Candy Burnt Orange color are the only hard part to choose for 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom. Meanwhile with much money in your wallet, the price are not hard to choose, $7,699 for Standard and $8,099 for Special Edition.
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom has beautiful large diameter 21-inch front cast wheel as angle of view. The wheel features spokes arranged in pairs for a special visual appeal. Balancing the lightweight look of the front end is a low, wide rear wheel featuring a 180mm tire on a 15-inch cast wheel that gives the rider the feeling of sitting on a one of a kind, made-to-order motorcycle. Bridging the visual contrast between the front and rear wheels is a sleek and subtle fuel tank. Its flowing lines easily lead the eye along the careful and delicate curves that blend together the highly customized form of this gem of mid-sized cruiser. A matte black frame provides an understated framework for the Kawasaki artistry that is the appealing and gutsy, fuel-injected V-Twin Vulcan 900 Custom. Its stylish aesthetics grace a platform that’s perfect for customization with accessories of Kawasaki.
If the bike is not enought, the owners can get a customized motorcycle with all the trappings of an expensive handmade creation for a fraction of the cost and without the one-of-a-kind maintenance headaches for a mere $400 more. It features a special black-out treatment on the pipes, air cleaner and engine cases countered by aggressive orange valve covers. Being finished off with the Special Edition Ebony color scheme of flat black paint with tribal orange and white pin stripping is The Vulcan 900 Custom SE.
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom Features
903cc V-twin SOHC Engine
- Smooth and reliable engine tuned to deliver healthy dose of torque at low rpm
- Gear-driven balancer allows use of single pin crankshaft making free vibration
- Rubber-mounted to reduce engine vibration at all speeds
Four-valve Cylinder Head
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow, creating more power and low-end torque
- Single overhead cam design is simple, lightweight and practical
- Long intake tracts narrow near the combustion chamber to increase intake flow speed for more efficient filling, increased torque and better low-end response
Liquid and Air Cooling
- Finned cylinders and head and liquid cooling combination make for exceptional thermal control
- Maintains consistent engine temperatures for long engine life and sustained power
- Automatic fan helps keep things cool
- Includes temperature warning light
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
- Maintains precise valve timing with maintenance
- Assures greater reliability
- Hidden from view to preserve the engine’s clean, basic look
Dual Slash-Cut Mufflers
- Big slash-cut mufflers look great and contain emission reducing honeycomb catalyzers
Positive Neutral Finder
- Find neutral a shift pedal lift away from first gear, every time
Electronic Fuel Injection
- Superb performance and rideability thanks to dual throttle bodies with sub throttles
- The ECU controlled sub throttles are located behind the main throttle valve, allowing the DFI system to provide more precise throttle response, similar to a constant velocity carburetor
- Fine-atomizing fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for optimal acceleration, combustion and fuel consumption
- Lower unsprung weight than shaft drive to improve ride quality and suspension action
- Efficiently transfers the power to the rear wheel
- Low maintenance and low noise
Double Cradle Frame
- Very rigid, large-diameter box section backbone allows a larger fuel tank, high stability and lightweight handling at low speeds
- Fork offset and frame geometry combine for light, low-effort handling at ultra-low speeds
- Long wheelbase contributes to highway stability
- Triangular swingarm has a hardtail appearance, but utilizes a single shock hidden beneath the seat
- Long and low chassis for minimal seat height, maximum visual impact
41mm Front Fork
- Offers excellent rigidity and 5.9 inches of travel
- 33 degrees rake and 7.2 in. of trail for excellent straight line stability
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
- A 300mm front and 270mm rear disc have twin-piston calipers for some of the best stopping power in the class
Custom Cast 21 in. Front Wheel
- The wheel’s 18 “spokes” are arranged in pairs
- Tapered and flanged in two directions, every line and surface of each 3-D spoke is exquisitely curved
Wide Rear Tire
- 180mm rear tire provides added stability while projecting a powerful image
- Wider tire than that found on most large-displacement cruisers
- Custom cast 15” rear wheel contrasts the “light,” tall front wheel
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
- Provides riders the crucial information at-a-glance
- Compact design matches the bike’s clean look
- Fuel tank features a twin valley design, with a dynamic tension and presence all its own
- Designed to be pleasing to both the eye and to the touch, the tank is composed exclusively of curves with constantly varying radii, the twin valley design theme continues to the rear fender and its hand-sculpted contours
- Bottom of the rear fender features a relatively straight cut, to balance the lines of the motorcycle
- Chromed headlamp, headlamp mount, lower triple clamp and turn signals as well as footpegs, shift lever and rear brake lever
- Clean headlight design is small and isolated without a central fork cover or headlamp bar
- Small, minimalist fender and lack of front fork covers also contribute to the slender appearance of the front end
- Sporty, straight-style handlebar adds to the bike’s custom styling. Instead of handlebar clamps, twin tubes elegantly curve back from the upper triple clamp. Both the handlebar and twin tubes are completely chromed
- Forward-mounted footpegs instead of floorboards add to the custom image and improve rider control
- One-piece “gunfighter” style seat is designed for comfortable rider and passenger accommodation and a custom-style look
- Matte black frame emphasizes the chrome finishing
- Standard toe-operated shift lever instead of a heel-toe shifter
- Black-out treatment on pipes, air cleaner and engine cases
- Aggressive Orange Valve Covers
- Special Edition Ebony color of flat black paint with tribal orange and white pinstripes
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom Specifications
MSRP Standard $7,699 / Special Edition $8,099
Engine Type 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, SOHC, 4-Valve Cylinder Head, V-Twin
Bore and Stroke 88 x 74.2 mm
Maximum Torque 58.2 lb.-ft. @ 3,500 rpm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Injection EFI with dual 34mm Keihin Throttle Bodies
Ignition TCBI with Electronic Advance
Final Drive Belt
Rake/Trail 32°/7.2 in.
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork / 5.9 in.
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel Uni-Track® swingarm, seven-way adjustable spring preload / 4.1 in.
Front Tire Size 80/90
Rear Tire Size 180/70⻯
Wheelbase 64.8 in.
Front Brake / Rear Brake 300mm hydraulic disc / 270mm hydraulic disc
Fuel Tank Capacity 5.3 gal.
Seat Height 27.0 in.
Overall Length 94.7 in.
Overall Width 35.2 in.
Overall Height 44.1 in.
Curb Weight 610.8 lbs.
Color Metallic Midnight Sapphire Blue, Candy Burnt Orange, Special Edition EbonyGood Times™ Protection Plan 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
Warranty 12 Months